Somewhere in Europe

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Marrakech

Katie and I have left the dance festival and are now in Marrakech. Marrakech is unreal, we are staying near the main square where there are street performers, snake charmers, monkeys and thousand of people. We spent the day weaving our way through the market being dragged into shops. Some of the things for sale are shocking, like real leapod pelts and falcons in cages. I wanted to buy a falcon so I could let it go! I bought a kaftan and I'm running around dressed like an Arab girl in my kaftan and scarf over my head At night it becomes a big food market. Last night we got a bowl of snails I ate one and spat it out it was fucking disgusting I dont know how they can be a delicacy!
We wanted to go to a pub last night but Im not sure where to go to find rocking Marrakech night life. Lots of guys stopped us and invited us to smoke some hashsish with them but we declined!
Morocco is awesome but I think we are here at the wrong time of year, I want to come back in a few months before I go home when it is cooler. Katie and I are heading back to Spain in a few days. Ill be putting up photos in a few days of the festival and Marakech so come back and have a look.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home