Somewhere in Europe

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Madrid - Mullet City

Well it appears that I do not have an apptitude for learning foriegn languages as I have had to move DOWN a class from level 1A. "Is there actually a level lower than 1A", I hear you ask? Well yes there is, I think it is called spaz level. They didnt make me move down but I have been so lost in class the last few days with everyone raving on in spanish that I almost cried, so today I went to the office and said "please move me down a class!!!" but even if it takes me until the year 2020 I will speak spanish one day!!
Apart from my sloooow learning life in Madrid is awesome. Its such a party city, I´ve been going out a lot. I went out with my friend Mathew on the weekend, he was living at my flat but he moved, we ended up hanging out with a group of mad south Americans and I was drunkenly singing AC/DC songs with a guy from Chilie, but he didnt speak english so I sang the words while he mumbled along.
Tonight is my friends 25th birthday so I´m going to a party at her place. She is from Chilli and doesnt speak english and clearly, I do not speak spanish, but we get along great.
Nearly everyone in my school is German, last night I went to an "intercambio" night where we are supposed to practice our spanish with spaniards and they practice their english with us, but I ended up sitting at a table with people from my school all of whom were German. We´d start talking in spanish, but the conversation would revert back to German which doesnt do me much good so I went home!
Oh and just a word about the title of my post, the mullet reigns supreme in Madrid. Men, women old and young, there are more mullets here than in Mount Druitt!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home